Individual Therapy (sometimes called “psychotherapy” or “counseling”) is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist—in a safe, caring, and confidential environment—to explore their feelings, beliefs, or behaviors, work through challenging or influential memories, identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change, better understand themselves and others, set personal goals, and work toward desired change.
- You are unhappy on most days or feel a sense of hopelessness
- You worry excessively or are constantly on edge
- You are unable to concentrate
- You are unable to sleep at night or constantly feel tired
- You are experiencing PTSD symptoms (e.g., anxiety, flashbacks)
- You have experienced a loss (e.g., a relationship breakup, a death)
- You have increased your use of alcohol or other drugs
- You feel overwhelmed by what is going on in your life
- You are having thoughts about hurting yourself or someone else
Trauma Recovery Individuals who have suffered for years from anxiety or distressing memories, nightmares, insomnia, abuse or other traumatic events can now gain relief from a revolutionary new therapy called EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) with a trained therapist. Addiction Recovery Therapy Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialists use various methods to facilitate uncovering the root mental and emotional causes for continued dependency on alcohol or substances. The clinician works in conjunction with the client to help achieve and maintain sobriety in outpatient treatment. Referrals are made to higher level of care facilities as needed. Downloads: Coaching vs Therapy
Call and schedule a consultation today:
Fully Licensed Professionals
Additional sessions are available
Licensed Clinical Interns
Additional sessions available
Downloads: Coaching vs Therapy
Things to Know:
Appointment times: I customize my schedule to cater to my clients and the corresponding time zone.
What I mean by email support: During the first few sessions I will tend to send you a fair bit of information for you to read in your own time, so that our coaching sessions are used most efficiently. You are also free to email me as much as you wish with thoughts, questions and updates. I also set tasks, depending on what your needs are at the time – I can be gentle or I can be more challenging, depending upon your preference. I respond to all emails within 1 business day.